"The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land."
-Abraham Lincoln

Santa's Little Elf

I am once again playing the role of Santa's Elf this year by making many of the gifts I'll be giving this year.   First on the list, my daughter.  On her list she asked for some clothes for her baby dolls.  SO....Santa's little helper here has been busy busy busy crocheting away some little super chic baby doll outfits.  Check out the first of several...



This is, as I've mentioned, the first of several doll outfits I'm making for Oldest.
Thank you to Baby Alive for modeling this year's newest line ;) ...



The outfit is a shirt and skirt combo.
I found the shirt pattern here and modified the size for a correct fit.



The little ruffle skirt is my own design.
Once again, being the flake that I can be sometimes, I didn't write down the pattern as I made this.  I'll try to work on that as I go along here.
BUT...I'm pretty sure I have it pretty well all in my wee little brain so I'll give you the pattern as I remember it.  For those of you that may try this pattern please be sure to give feedback, suggestions, or let me know of any problem areas you find.
Legal Beagle stuff: This and all other patterns of my own design on this site are copyrighted.  Meaning please don't sell the pattern itself.  If you have a blog or website you may post the pattern for free but please give credit where credit is due and link back to this site.  You may, of course, sell items made from this pattern.

SKIRT:

Using a size H hook and baby weight yarn:

Row. 1: Ch. 40 then joined with a slip st. into the first ch. to form a ring.
Row 2: Ch. 1 then single crochet in each ch. around.
Join with a slip stitch into the first sc. 
Row 3: Ch. 3 turn. DC in each sc around. Join with a slip stitch into first DC.
Row 4-6:  Ch. 3 turn. DC in each DC around.  Join with a slip stitch into first DC.
Row 7: Ch. 3 turn. DC in same stitch. *DC in the next DC, 2 DC in next DC, DC in next stitch* repeat from * around. Join with slip stitch in first DC.  It doesn't matter at this point if your increases match up exactly.  Just add 1 DC if you find yourself at the end of the round and it doesn't match up exactly.
Row 8: Ch. 3 turn. DC in same stitch.  *DC in next 2 DC sts, 2DC in next st, DC in next 2 DC sts* Repeat from * around. Join with slip stitch in first DC. Finish off.



0 comments: