The picture still isn't the greatest. The weather here has been pretty dreary the last couple of days so there wasn't much natural light to utilize.
Add to that the fact that no matter what I tried, I just could NOT get that little bugger to sit still long enough to get a good picture. So I ended up with a poorly lit picture of the back of his head. Tadaaa!
The hat itself went along just fine until I hit the last 4". I ended up working the wrong ribbing and had to frog the whole bottom 4. This may not seem like such a big deal to more experienced knitters, but I STINK at frogging and it took me a good 45, anxiety filled, minutes to rip it back that mere 4".
I did it though and was happy with the final result...that is until I went to sew the sides together. I tackled the sewing at around 2 am. after a very long day and I was downright exhausted. The next morning I took a look at the hat. It was a disaster.
I had sewed it cock-eyed so that the stripes didn't match up. The darker yarns hadn't been worked in properly and were really visible amongst the white sections and one corner was very much so rounded while the other came to a nice point. Chock that up to a craft fail.
Soooo, I had to rip the seams and sew it all over again. Fortunately though that didn't take very long and the finished product turned out by the end of it all.
Now, on to more projects.