"The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land."
-Abraham Lincoln

Youngest's Hat

Knitting seems to take me forever.   I'm still working on Youngest's hat, the one that I started about 4 weeks ago.    This is the second attempt I've made at using different colors in a project, the first was in Middle's hat.  

I'm hoping to get finished with Youngest's hat by the end of the week.   Even though it's almost spring (thank you God!), we still get some pretty chilly evenings up in my neck of the woods so he should be able to wear it for several more weeks to come.   
The stripes in the image came out looking a little more black then they actually are.   In reality the are more of a chocolate brown.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a better picture later on.


Speaking of Spring, we've finally gotten some of our seeds planted.  I didn't get a picture yet but we've planted our carrots, charantais melons, radishes, greens, the early season tomatoes, and some squash.    We have a short growing season up in the frozen north so I can't get them in the ground yet, but hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be able to get them into the garden without having to worry about a late frost.  

Another nice thing about Spring is that we get to come out of hybernation mode and start back into our more productive routine.   Spring is one of the busiest times of year for my family but it's also one of our favorite times of year.   Can't wait.     

0 comments: