"The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land."
-Abraham Lincoln

Just for the heck of it....

I've been reading Proust: Portrait of a Genius and thought I'd do my own Proust Questionaire just for the heck of it.  So here goes:

1. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
- Living a life devoid of freedom.

2.Where would you like to live?
- I'd like to have a large farm someplace warm.   But, really, I'm fairly content on the relatively small farm where I am now.

3. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
- To live a life I can be proud of and share it with my family and my friends.

4. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
- I get so excited about doing so many things that I usually end up trying to do to much.


5. Who are your favorite heroes of fiction?
- Ragnar Danneskjöld from Atlas Shrugged.

6. Who are your favorite characters in history?
-Jesus Christ, Mohandas Ghandi, Einstein, Thomas Payne, Hannah Arendt (if you haven't read The Human Condition. The Origins of Totalitarianism you really should), Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr. and many others.

7.Who are your favorite heroines in real life?
- Joan of Arc, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Marie Curie, Mother Teresa, Indira Ghandi, Coretta Scott King,


8. Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
- Fantine, Edna Pontellier, Scout Finch, and Meg from a Wrinkle in Time that used to be one of my favorite books growing up.

9.Your favorite painter?
-John William Waterhouse, Caravaggio, Delacroix, many others.

10. Your favorite musician?
- I can honestly say I don't have a favorite musician.

12. The quality you most admire in a man?

- morality, intelligence, and a sense of humor.

13. The quality you most admire in a woman?

- same as I admire in a man.

14. Your favorite virtue?
- Love and maybe humbleness.

15. Your favorite occupation?
- Being a mother and crafting (of course)
16. Who would you have liked to be?

- I don't know that I'd do very well being anybody but who I already am.

That's it folks, that's the list.   Feel free to take the time to consider how you would answer each of these questions.  You might learn something about yourself, I know I did.

0 comments: